Institute of Asset Management
The IAM is the professional body for those involved in acquisition, operation and care of physical assets, especially critical infrastructure - and particularly for professionals worldwide dedicated to furthering our knowledge and understanding of Asset Management.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and independent of commercial and trade associations.
The IAM exists to:
- Advance for the public benefit the science and practice of asset management
- Promote and recognise high standards of practice and professional competence
- Generate widespread awareness and understanding of the discipline.
Our ongoing mission and priorities are: to promote and enable the generation and application of knowledge, training and good practice through partnering, influencing and publication, by means of:
- Awareness of existing knowledge base;
- Generation of growth in the knowledge base;
- Dissemination of knowledge;
- Influencing public policy and industry practice;
- Delivering valuable services to our members; and
- Managing a robust, sustainable organisation.